Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Will practicing Yoga and Vacuuming


                                                    .......His mom & dad taught him well
                                                  (we both took yoga at some point in our life)

Daddy taught him how to vacuum too!

    Today was a good day. I got these funny photo updates from Will's father which made my day. 

With the baby gone I finally organized the attic, I think it's a little more inviting as a guest room now.  My good friend J and his boyfriend are planning on visiting and staying the night this weekend so it was perfect timing to prepare that space.  

I get to see J and L this weekend. Two of my closest friends.  When I was driving home from work today the memory of when we went to get sushi back in April of 2008 came to mind.  
                                                                
This is how I became a mommy.

The three of us, me, J, and L were having dinner.  J and I sat next to each other facing L.  She had something big to tell us that night.  I don't remember if she told us the big news in the beginning of dinner or the end, but I do remember how I felt. 

The news was that she was pregnant.  My initial feeling was a really selfish one.  I felt crushed.  Who was I going to hang out with, have a drink with spontaneously, look for guys with, attempt to go to school with( i say attempt because every time we have taken a class together we end up skipping class to shop or go to happy hour).  My life was going to change, I was not going to have the same L to hang out with.

But, later that night I talked with J about it and I remember telling him  I want a baby and I remember writing in my journal....either that night or a few days later.....
"I am ready to go in that direction in my life"

A year  later I had Will.  He is a year and 3 days younger than L's son.  I say this is how I became a mommy because this is how the seed of mommy-hood was planted in me (because we all know how i really became a mommy) .  I was really ready, not ready in a way where I had a husband, home and an ideal income.  But, I was ready in my heart and soul to begin a pathway towards that direction.  Lot's of things in my life have happened that way where I state in my heart and soul what I want and it happens!......maybe not in the same timing I expect to happen, or the same way but bottom line.

It happens.  It is exciting to think about what is going to unfold next in my life.  I have answers in my heart and soul, but I will keep them there until the unfolding happens.

Speaking of seeds....I started my tomato & green bean plant as seeds, I'm just proud of them so I wanted to share:





No comments:

Post a Comment