Monday, May 16, 2011

How did I become a Krazy Everlastin' Real Supah Diva?

A long time ago before I became a mommy.  I was a Krazy Everlastin' Real Supah Diva also known as KERSD pronounced (Cursed).  My friend Kiara came up with the slogan for our five person girl group and she came up with it using the first letter of our names K for Kiara/Krazy, E for Evony/Everlastin', R for Rosalyn/Real, S for Star/Supah and D for Diana/Diva.  These girls gave me the best memories that to this day bring me such warmth and complete happiness when I remember our adventures.

Kiara has been living in Texas for several years.  Evony is practically my neighbor and I remain the closest to her.  She has been with me through everything in the last several years and I am so blessed to still have her presently in my life. Rosalyn is myself and I am here, alive and well! Star has 4 kids and is married. Last but not least, Diana is with her long time boyfriend and just graduated with her college degree in Social Services.

We were all so different, but that is what made our adventures sooo much fun and FUNNY. We laughed  A LOT!  What makes a a person a Krazy Everlastin' Real Supah Diva?

You have to be Krazy enough to take risks and be spontaneous. To go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow and experience new things and meet new people-----Just like Kiara.

You have to understand what Everlastin'  or commitment is.  To be committed to what's important in your life-----like I have learned through Evony.

You have to be Real or authentic in what you say and do------which I continually strive to do.

And to be Supah you have to fun, flexible, and free spirited----which I remember Star as being

And to sum it all up you have to be a Diva, confident, smart and independent -----which Diana embodies.

Here is a Photo of Us from back in 2005 when we took a road trip to Texas to visit Kiara (Star was not present) :


Girlfriends are one of the best assets to have.  I am lucky to have several of them, who play such vital roles in my life.  No matter the distance or the length of absence, my girlfriends have given me the support, love, ear, advice, and honesty that enrich me and help me grow as a person.   

No comments:

Post a Comment